[REQUEST] Large Basket, and Related Change Requests

ok I am seeing some idea of increasing the reeds needed to 20 and making the basket get 50 uses. This is good for all the gathers EXCEPT to fields gathering that uses 1 full basket per gather. This solution does not address the core issue of taking an item that costs 1 minute of time, 5 energy, and 10 reeds for each field gather. In order to gather a field you need to spend 100 reeds, and 10 minutes and 50 energy, just to create the disposable “basket” before you can even begin to gather. In addition to this you now you are down half your energy and can not fully gather a field that requires 100 energy to fully gather. All of this is just details to show the “total Cost” in energy, resources and time. To address the issue of the cost of the disposable item used in each gather; I think there needs to be an item; called whatever you choose; that requires far fewer reeds and energy and time to make. for example a “gather tray” that takes 3 reeds and 20 seconds to create and uses 1 or 2 energy per craft… you know that the “tray” is a disposable item and is quick and cheep to make so CXP gain should be nominal like 1 or 2 CXP tops for crafting.

I’m not sure where you are coming from. Does a full field not yield 10 harvests? According to that math you are suggesting one field would require 2 baskets at 50 durability each.m?

Surely, that is not correct. Not even a large field has 100 gathers?

I don’t use fields. Do they not operate the same as the herb plots and the vineyard?

Are you saying they use all 20 durability for 1/10 gathers?

It would seem a bit odd that they would operate in a completely different way than all other farmable plots.

Does it currently take 10 baskets to farm a field if I understand the issue correctly?

Maybe the earlier idea of creating the separate item for farming is the way to go.

Uses the same resources and same amount of time to craft and same energy expenditure but adjusts the harvesting time and uses 1 use to harvest the whole field at once to reduce the amount of clicking.

I’m not sure 10 minutes of time and the energy cost to make them is a huge strain on a field that can only be harvested once every 7 days?

If you reduce the reed usage significantly you’ll make them obsolete and strand the new players with no entry point.

yes a field does have 10 harvests , but no a 50 use basket would not be used for a field gather, each time a field is harvested it uses up 1 small basket, not 1 use of the basket but the entire basket. the basket becomes a 1 use expendable item as the system is currently. Yes the use a full 20 durability basket for each of the 10 times you “gather” in the field. the coding as it was explained by Temujin, is that a farm field requires a tool which is the sickle you equip, AND an item to place the goods in. in this case a small basket. each gather of the field uses 1 durability of the sickle and 1 entire basket. so for a full harvest of 10 gathers it uses 10 durability of the sickle and 10 full small baskets.

Ah I see now. How does that work? Do you attach multiple items at once? I didn’t think that was possible.

You attach a sickle AND a basket?

@Lilianath You don’t actually attach the basket, only the sickle. The basket gets used out of inventory like water does when you water a field or vineyard.

Ah, I see the problem more clearly now.

We did discuss artisans but the community was kind of against it:

I have made a few changes:

• I have created a new recipe in the basketweaver which requires 6 reed. It will create a harvest bag which is not a tool but a consumable. It is used specifically for all fields requiring it, instead of a small basket.

• I have increased durability on small baskets to 40 from 20 to allow 5 fruit trees to be harvested before they are broken and used up.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.