:: NEW :: [SLC] Craftables - Furniture Station

The furniture station has finally been released, and we are proud of our accomplishments. Nothing like this has even been seen in Second Life. A system where you can combine various parts into a linked final product that can be traded virtually and rezzed in-world to regenerate your stats.

The Furniture Station brings a variety of professions together within SLColonies, to make finished furniture that you can rez in-world and use in your builds.

These include beds that regenerate energy, fatigue, health and potentially other stats, chairs, cushions, storage chests, tables, doors and a variety of other items as we add them to the system.

Any profession can use the furniture station, but the items needed to put together the furniture require a range of occupations, from Farmer, Ranger, Seamstress, Carpenter and more.

All furniture built with this system can be damaged and destroyed!

Check out this video on what it can do and how to use it, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

2 Likes

farmer can produce, or only the carpenter?

only the carpenter can produce

I need to confirm that I made an error in the description, as I was able to make the bed as a ranger. I know the furniture parts need a ranger, need to confirm the actual putting together of the furniture.

Confirming any profession can use the furniture station to put together all the parts purchased.

1 Like

everything in the new station should be “guesswork”, like, what is the possible energy limit for a bed? we know it depends on the fabric of the sheet, but what about when we have blankets? won’t there be a public table demonstrating this? after all, the final cost of a bed is quite high and demands a lot of work (which I love!), but making a bed one day and knowing tomorrow that it could be better is worrying.
sheet = energy
wood = durability

1 Like

A lot, a lot, a lot of work!
Many, many, many processes from various professions!
Lots of coins too! LOL
But in the end it was all worth it!
What an amazing job these guys did!
A bed is not a luxury, it’s a necessity for a system as immersive as SLC!
Another kick to the other systems “for kids”, this one is for adults! LOL
Congrats guys!
Long live and prosper the SLC!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement

1 Like

While I applauded and appreciate the Dev’s creativity and their continuing efforts to expand and improve the system, I would of preferred the release of Combat / PVP /Archery Tournament and Leaders boards!

I will simply continue to pound Energy Drinks & Potions along with binging on Energy Food and the souls of humans!

1 Like

And as predicted: Look at the price of this bed! Who the $#$# can afford 10,000 coins in this system’s economy - LOL! That is L$1000 / $5.61 USD at the SL Colonies ATM.

And at that price, who in their right mind is going to put a No Copy bed out in a public area when it can be destroyed by other players! :crazy_face:

1 Like

When faced with a price tag like this the suggestion is… wait for the next bed. After all its a open market, no one is forced to buy this particular bed and i’m sure more will show up eventually once someone knows how to build one themselves. Or you can learn to do it! It be a long but challengingly fun process :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

There was a time when weapons cost this much. I’m just waiting for the time when I can make something useful.

I have to grind reeds just to afford barrels to make alcohol. There’s no market for it. :frowning:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.