Social stone suggestions

Wow, I am impressed.

I was not aware that a demon was capable of constructive criticism. Usually, it is criticism with nothing constructive within to help us improve. So thumbs up to you for trying and contributing something constructive to help us improve on already existing items that you feel could be further improved.

I can tell you that there are 11 social stones out there (not including the official main store ones). In terms of where they are, currently, we do not list them on our website, though we do plan to have all social stones listed in the near future through our website.

It is up to the individual land owners to create their own events, whether public events for the grander SL Colonies community or internal events for their own player base. We have regions in SL Colonies that are not listed on the region list website, as they are building their own RPG and have their own internal active community of roleplayers.

We wish to have a list of social stones on our website (toggled private or public), where you can see currently active stones, perhaps listed in order of how many active players are around that stone. But, also, it would be ideal if we had a public calendar listed on the colony pages, where you could click a free date and time to have a notice posted out to the grander SL Colonies community through our in-world group notices.

I do appreciate that idea and could see it working. However, one thing to consider is that our stone is fully modifiable, so the player would need to know what social stone/beacon they are to click on to teleport to the next land participating. We also need to consider that not all lands allow public teleporting. So you could be teleported to a landing area and find yourself having to explore through a land before reaching their stone. This could be due to the land being its own RPG with its own rules and laws, and you just running through their roleplay to get to a stone would be counterproductive (a little like the fishing game I placed in our store, no one cares about anything else, but running to the fishing game).

Drakkhis and I discussed something like this a few years ago. Though not as part of the social stone. More part of the compass system but customised to a land. However, this idea is not a bad one either and could be an improvement of the idea we had about the compass being used for something like that or a combination of both (the compass could assist in finding that object you need to click on).

All in all, thanks for the ideas. I’m looking forward to other community members contributing their thoughts below.

1 Like