I’ve been thinking about the new social system to improve player interaction in our game. I propose introducing a “Social Beacon” as part of the game’s social system. Here’s a simplified explanation of how it would work:
- Each game parcel can have one Social Beacon.
- Players need to be within 10 meters of the beacon and touch it to join the social group.
- The beacon will occasionally send group members challenges in the form of random GATCHA phrases. Players must complete the challenges to remain in the group.
- Players will receive Social Points periodically, based on the number of group members.
- Players can boost their Social Points earnings by increasing their Drunk Stat, but they will lose all points if they pass out.
- When a player touches a Social Beacon for the first time, it becomes their designated “Home” beacon.
- To use Social Points to offset energy loss, players need to touch another Social Beacon, which will activate their Social Status.
- If players touch another Social Beacon to start socializing, the new beacon becomes their “Home,” and they can start earning Social Points again. However, their Social Status will be deactivated until they touch another beacon.
- If a player reaches the maximum Social Points, the beacon will remove them from the group. This discourages creating multiple accounts (alts) solely for socializing, as they will become ineffective unless they participate in other activities.
I believe this idea could encourage more interaction and cooperation between players while preventing the abuse of the social system. Let me know your thoughts on this proposal!