Marketplace Issues with Root Prim

I’ll look into this when I can. I think it’s just something to do with the casper update script and the wrong version in the casper prim, nothing major. We are moving away from casper update.

1 Like

Is there a solution yet?

My Market is no longer functioning at all and as a result, my colony is not listed.

When I tried resetting the script I get this message: “This script has been disabled.” So can I get a Market that works please.

Thanks

Zagan

@Satanic.Visions could you send me your market scripts inside the main prim it cane with (we should still be creators in that prim). When I get back home Ill send you a fresh copy of the market.

It sounds like you tried Linking the markets Root prim to another Prim, and it was not the Root prim when you linked it, This will break the scripts, they must ALWAYS be the Root Prim in the Linkset

To Fix it Simply Re Link the Root Prim back to whatever other prims you linked it to but make sure it is the root prim, and that should fix the issue

@Satanic.Visions - I received your scripts; however, they are not in the original root prim; you have just sent me the scripts in a box created by you. All scripts are copyable.

You need to put your scripts into the original root prim for them to work.

We cannot give you replacements for copy items. The main root prim has all the linkset data within it which we need.

@drakkhis will be able to explain in more detail how this works, but if you remove the scripts from the root prim, the root prim then becomes useless and loses its linkset data.

You will still have the original prim somewhere, though.

“Should” is the operative word here :slight_smile: It is and always has been the Root Prim…

Ok my bad, I didn’t realize you wanted the Root Prim itself, I thought you just wanted the scripts… I’ll send you that right away.

1 Like

I had to back track the markets I have because the SLC_Market v0.15.14 script disabled barter. I went back to SLC_Market v0.15.13 and they work fine.

1 Like

Did you try re setting the .14 scripts?

1 Like

yes I did try but no dice

1 Like

OK, I think I see the Issue

1 Like

I sent out a Notice with an Updater for the Market

Thanks for the updated market. My market now appears on the web’s Market Page but only the market name, not the colony name. And my colony/region is not listed on the Home page nor is it listed in the HUD’s Locations. Any particular reason why?

And why does Two Birds Farms have 4 identical listings?

Can you try the updater that Drakkhis sent out through group notices? We will need to update the market in the Casper vendor on purchase; it was a quick fix Drakkhis sent out before heading off to bed.

Can you try re-rezzing your Region Server? If that doesn’t fix it, @drakkhis Drakkhis will fix that when he gets up.

We are looking into this. It appears when players move markets/servers around or re-rez them, the database isn’t automatically deleting the old location immediately from its memory.

Ok I just used the market updater and got this strange message:

[23:36] SLC Market Updater v0.15.15 Rez and Click: Starting Update Process
[23:37] SLC Market Updater v0.15.15 Rez and Click: station = – AVE SATANAS –
Script = SLC_Market
Location = Visions/12/129/2
[23:37] SLC Market Updater v0.15.15 Rez and Click: starting update for – AVE SATANAS –
[23:37] – AVE SATANAS --: Market Initialized
[23:37] – AVE SATANAS --: Market Registered to Colony
[23:37] – AVE SATANAS --: This market is not a pert of a Colony, the Merchant features will be disabled on this market.
[23:37] SLC Market Updater v0.15.15 Rez and Click: – AVE SATANAS --: SLC_Market v0.15.15: updated
[23:37] – AVE SATANAS --: Update Cleanup
[23:37] – AVE SATANAS --: Cleanup Complete.
Re initializing Market.
[23:37] – AVE SATANAS --: Market Registered to Colony
[23:37] – AVE SATANAS --: This market is not a pert of a Colony, the Merchant features will be disabled on this market.
[23:37] SLC Market Updater v0.15.15 Rez and Click: Update process runing Check for Missed Objects.
[23:37] SLC Market Updater v0.15.15 Rez and Click: No more Items found to Update in this Region.

So why does it say “This market is not a pert of a Colony, the Merchant features will be disabled on this market.” When it should be ???

Also re-rezzed the region server which has not resolved the listing issue.

PS Spelling Errors in the updater dialog: Runing should be running and Pert I would assume should read part.

1 Like

Thank you for providing these details, Lord Zagan Vetis. The market and the server are functioning correctly. The issue appears to be that you have left your own Colony. As the owner of the server and the market, they won’t be considered part of the Colony unless you’re a member. Therefore, you’ll need to join a Colony to rectify this situation.

To become a member of a Colony again, you should Click on the Join button on the Colony Sin, and then the Colony Owner can accept your Request. After doing so, please try the updater again and see if the issues persist.

We’re also grateful for your sharp eyes in catching the spelling errors in our updater dialogue. We’re currently working on updating our system and these corrections will be implemented in our next update. Thanks for your patience and assistance as we continue to improve the system.

1 Like

Interesting however, I don’t recall kicking myself out of my colony but apparently I did - DOH! Nor do I recall consenting to any warning pop-up window informing me that I was about to quit.

I would think as the OWNER / Leader of the Colony, I would also be by default, a member… and as the owner / leader, if I decide to quit I would either have to assign a new leader or dissolve the colony.

Now before redoing the updater, I noticed that Ave Satanas market gained a second listing.

So I re-rezed the updater and got this message:

[06:34] SLC Market Updater v0.15.15 Rez and Click: Starting Update Process
[06:35] SLC Market Updater v0.15.15 Rez and Click: No more Items found to Update in this Region.a

And it appears to be a clean update, free from issues ( and spelling mistakes).

Now I don’t know how much time it takes for your servers to update but my Region is still not listed on the Home Page or in the HUD’s Location options.

I also re-rezed the my Region Server which has not rectified anything.

Thank you for your response, Lord Zagan Vetis, and I’m glad to hear the updater has worked cleanly. Regarding your region not showing, it appears that in your ‘Edit Region’ settings, the region is set not to show. Please navigate to your ‘Edit Region’ settings on https://meter.slcolonies.com/my-slc-regions and click the checkmark to ‘Show Region’. This should enable your region to appear on the Home Page and HUD’s Location options.

To clarify about the Colony membership, our system is designed so that a Colony Owner can leave their own colony and join a new one. This flexibility allows owners not to be stuck in a colony by themselves. The Market and any items you own get the Colony info from the Colony that the owner is currently in, not necessarily the colony they own.

Additionally, please note that moving or re-rezzing a Region server won’t necessarily change the TP position on the Link. Since this location can be customized on your ‘Edit Region’ page, it wouldn’t be practical to have the server update it every time.