Improved fishing with experience

I was thinking that it would be nice to have it where the catch rate improves with experience while fishing, and perhaps be able to catch different/better items the more experienced one is at fishing.

I agree. I think fishing could make a good little casual side profession like the smelter. Maybe even give them the option to target a certain species, use different kinds of bait etc…

2 Likes

Would also be a nice addition if smiths were given the ability to craft better fishing rods for higher level fishers which improves catch rate and/or gives the ability to catch better fish. And/or maybe some way to make bait which also has these features.

2 Likes

Did this ever happen, or did it lack the votes?

I don’t want to take-back my vote if it’s still on the table. xD

I believe that the discord distracts our attention, hindering the engagement here

I am rarely on Discord, so, I don’t know much about that.

I take it you don’t fish much, and thus can’t verify if there’s “increased skill/catch” stats for those who fish most often (getting better at fishing)?

my wife fishes yes, i haven’t noticed anything different until today. every time she goes fishing she uses around 5 or 6 “simple fishing sticks”. we still haven’t used the “fishing rod” to say if it works differently.

No, this has not happened yet.

We have discussed having fishing tournament units available on a sim, which, when activated, changes the catch rates and the types of items you can get whilst fishing.

And the ability to weigh your catches to determine winners of a prize set in the tournament unit.

4 Likes

I want to confirm that this idea has now been added to our production timeline.

We will make it so that you will gain fishing experience points as you fish. As you reach certain levels of experience, you will gain access to better loot tables with higher chances of catching something, followed by higher chances of catching something more useful.

There is no timeframe for this; know that it has been added to our list of things to do; it will happen; just a matter of time and patience.

5 Likes

I think it would be neat to make an actual fishing profession.

Something simple like the smelter. Doesn’t have to be too involved, but having the ability to use different baits and target a certain species.

Also with an improvement to catching % at higher levels.

Would be a nice idling profession for casual players.

3 Likes

That’s a pretty brilliant idea! A fishing profession, for the “relaxed” player. xD Especially, also, the idea of different bait and targeting fish species! Not that an everyday player new person can’t still fish with a stick, I imagine, but no CXP and no targeting… you catch what you catch as it is. I think that’s a rather fun idea. Thanks for suggesting it!

adding… I just thought-- Bamboo and or sugar cane cane-poles? Farmer and Carpenter team for making the upgraded tool for the Fisher profession?

1 Like

Fishing should be a hobby that everyone no matter their professions can enjoy together, so making a thing that everyone can gain cxp from is something i would like to see the most. After all the whole catch rate and stuff will also determine on how hard working the person themselves are at this hobby too.

Nonetheless i am not against having a Fishermen profession, as i do think people look down on fishermen in all the systems i played before this. They think of them as people who did not had to spend more than just a fishing rod to play. But i think there are people who just genuinely love the sea. And things can be build specifically for them so that they have their own unique cxp too.

Fishing Net Making Station

• Weave fishing net instead of baskets
  • Using a fishing net to catch more fishes or even rarer fishes
  • Make traps for crabs and other sea creatures

All these are not something ‘normal’ people like us would do everyday and so there is a cxp for us all and solve whole other slow cxp gaining problems and also get us a new profession to play in if we ever want to retire from our old one.

2 Likes

wonder! I wanted to vote 10 times! :star_struck:

1 Like

Hehe, glad you like the idea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.