[Idea] Death, it tickles a little

This mostly stems from some disagreements that popped up in previous threads in regards to how PVP should work.

1 Like

If you want to avoid combat then don’t go to a sim where there is combat. I mean really there never was a need to punish someone who dies. The fact is you can starve in the system, you have “soldiers” as each “Colony” is suppose to be its own empire is kind of the idea with a wide range system.

1 Like

So what I am hearing is that SLC will allow thrid party speed boosts, flight huds, damage avoidance huds, (Shields), etc. so whatever third party defenses you want to pau for is fair game? as long as it can be justified by the player? so I can use immobilization fields (Trap bubbles/cages) and justify it by claiming it is a hold spell, or I can get a push hud and claim it is a telekinetic ability, most ot the things many of the combat systems used to avoid and ban over?

Having a penalty for dying is not “punishment” its literally a mechanic for every single game you play.

If there’s no deterrent to dying then why should it even be a thing to be avoided?

Oh look these spiders killed me. Oh well I’ll eat a chicken breast and finish the rest of them off.

However, he has already addressed how it will work so its a moot argument at this point.

He literally said it is up to the sim owner to establish their own rules…. as is everything else.

Sure thing, But I guess we have far different views on combat, every system I played in did not allow any movement augmentation, no speed boosts, no flight boosts, no super jumps, or wall walking, no line of sight teleporting( the double click to teleport to that spot) no shields to avoid damage or bullets, no weapon stacking, and if you were in combat and you teleported away because you were getting beaten you were considered dead and most of the time were suspended or banned. your movement was your natural SL movement ONLY. some races and classes had special abilities where they could do a short dash, or a knock down attack to get some distance from an attacker or to knock someone you were fighting down, and some had special abilities to avoid some damage or to mitigate it a small amount. but those were in the system. So I guess if you want an anything goes combat then that’s up to you but don’t call it combat when you can just teleport away on a whim. Anyways I am done beating this dead horse peoples minds are made up and you will do what you want to do. But let this be fair notice any movement augmentations used in combat that are not specifically built into SLC or the SLC gear, will result in a ban from the SIM. Teleporting away once an attack has been made will be considered a cheat and also result in a ban as well.

We are not going to spend time coding to ban every single tool that is made to defeat systems of combat. We can write guidelines for sim owners who wish to enable combat that they ‘should’ consider when enabling such a feature to allow it to be fair on their land.

Using tools is obviously putting you at an advantage over other players. But we as the creators cannot control this, we are not going to be listening to every sim owner complaining about cheaters and then moderating everyone’s roleplay. We aren’t going to be entering your land and checking everyone is complying.

• You as the sim owner will set your sim rules and place out your welcome notecards detailing what your visitors can and can’t do
  • You as the sim owner will do the moderating
  • You as the sim owner will do the ejecting and banning

If you have obvious trolls that are taking advantage of the system which you have booted, they keep returning and they are obviously exploiting the system, then that is where we would be interested in hearing about it, so we can ban that username from the database with enough proof our end that an exploit is being used to increase stats, get inventory items through cheating/hacking and so forth into our servers.

2 Likes

Dear players, no one is forced to visit a PVP sim. the only thing that comes to my mind, the marketplace of the sim belongs in a PVP free zone, so that our traders are not slaughtered. everything else is up to everyone. and who has not yet understood that running or flying draws energy, sorry I lack the words, so please do not complain or bring suggestions that do not matter.

2 Likes

A base guideline is a good idea Temujin. Let the owners handle banning the people doing it.

1 Like

Traders are not forced to visit PVP sims, either. I don’t see that they should be safe if no one else is. That makes no sense.

As for suggestions and/or complaints that “do not matter” no one is forced to read here. Sure, some of the conversations get off track, and they may not be important to you, but the rest of us might be interested. Have a good night! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hire a ranger to be sheriff to defend markets. Make laws for your lands that drawn weapons & fighting are not allowed in the market area.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.