Exciting Updates to Animal Breeding Stations - Now Live!

Hello everyone,

I’m thrilled to announce that we’ve just rolled out the latest updates to our Animal Breeding Stations for the Bull, Chicken Coop, Pig Pen, and Ram!

Our goal with these updates was to provide you with a better, more streamlined experience. To accomplish this, we’ve integrated a brand new scripting system that should enhance functionality and offer an improved user interface.

Additionally, we’ve made these all modifiable. This means you now have the power to tweak and customize these breeding stations to your heart’s content, and ensure they fit perfectly into your colonies.

However, as with any update, there might be unforeseen issues or glitches that we may have missed. Your feedback is invaluable to us in these situations. If you come across any problems or something that doesn’t quite feel right, don’t hesitate to let us know. Our team is ready to act swiftly to resolve any issues that may arise.

We’re excited to see how these improvements will enhance your SL Colonies experience and we look forward to hearing your thoughts on these updates.

As always, thank you for being part of our community. Your passion and commitment continue to inspire us as we strive to improve and expand SL Colonies. Happy breeding!

Warm regards,
Drakkhis

2 Likes

On top of this, all new animals bred from the breeding stations have security built in. You can set your animals to be restricted to owner, group or colony if you choose.

It is advised that if you wish to use this feature, you schedule yourselves to slaughter your existing animals, to prevent others from potentially slaughtering them in future, replacing them with the new ones.

There’s no update script in the existing animals, so unfortunately, the only way to get the updated ones, is to rez new ones out.

The animals are also modifiable!

1 Like

Were the gestation / hatching times reduced or does one still have to wait 336 hours for the birth of a cow?

I updated the sheds, and all work just one bull station will not update :frowning:

1 Like

Does animal safety refer to slaughter only, allowing collections to the general public?

1 Like

No, it should be for the full thing.

1 Like

If it keeps giving you issues I can replace for you manually.

I will try it later again when i am back.

1 Like

back online and it works now :smiley:

2 Likes

TEST 1 - 2 - Is this mic on?

Thank you for your comment regarding the animal breeding stations update. While your question is unrelated to the specific post, we appreciate your engagement and feedback.

To address your concern, the gestation and hatching times for the animals have not been reduced in this update (we do not need to update scripts to change gestation periods, which we can do on the database behind-the-scenes). The current durations remain the same. However, we want to clarify that the community has not expressed concerns about the current gestation period. Players have found it manageable and have been actively breeding and maintaining their animal populations.

It’s important to note that SL Colonies is not designed to replicate or mimic other systems. We strive to provide a unique and immersive experience that sets us apart. We focus on delivering a complex and engaging gameplay experience unparalleled in Second Life.

We value your input and encourage you to share any other suggestions or feedback. Thank you for being part of our community and your ongoing support as we continue to enhance and expand SL Colonies.

Thanks for the reply but your post’s subject line states “Exciting Updates to Animal Breeding Stations” and my question is asking if the breeding times had been shortened or, if you you prefer, shortened as part of this update and frankly I would of found reduced breeding times very exciting! So I think my question is appropriately related to this specific post :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.