Do you have what it takes to represent SL Colonies and become a Community Leader ?
We are looking for committed and knowledgeable individuals who are outstanding with communication and can get along with any type of player in our system, with a can-do attitude, and treats everyone with the same respect and integrity.
As a Community Leader , you will gain extra benefits in return for your commitment to the community and the game as a whole; these include:
- A unique Community Leader title on the SLC Meter
- A unique Community Leader title on the SL Colonies Group with the ability to post notices
- A unique Community Leader role on our Discord with the ability to moderate chat, which also gives you access to our #Devs channel
- A member of the Community Leader group on our forums with a special badge, with forum powers of:
- Recategorize and rename topics
- Edit all posts
- Pin/unpin topic
- Close topics
- Archive topics
- Make topics unlisted
- Split and merge topics
- Reset topic bump date
- Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 3×
- Any TL4 flag cast on any post immediately takes effect and hides the target post
- Can send personal messages to an email address
- L$500 a week credited to your avatar
- L$500 a week in store credits to your Casper account to use in-store as you wish
- 5,000 CXP credited to your character on a weekly basis
To be considered for Community Leader requires you to achieve certain things to show that you are not only a member that is highly committed to SL Colonies, but also possesses the ability to offer real help to our members.
- You must first reach Level 3 trust level on our forums, which has some requirements (read about it here: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels):
- Must have visited the forums at least 50 out of 100 days.
- Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics in 100 days.
- Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500) of those topics.
- Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k) of those topics.
- Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
- Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
- Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months
- You must show us that you are active on our Discord server. Promoting chat and helping our players with their questions.
- You must show us that you are active in-game, not just on your own land, but out there visiting others and actively chatting with other players and being out there.
- You must show us that you are active in our SL Colonies in-world group, answering questions people have and just promoting chat and getting people active.
- You must not be involved in any drama or cause any drama, you are immune to it.
- You do not need to be a paying customer.
Not only will you get to work a little closer with the Devs, but you will be the voice for the community. Due to your involvement with as many members of the community as possible, you become a voice to bring complaints and constructive criticism back to us with solutions that you have worked out with them. You also get to hear loads of new ideas which you can bring to us and we can all talk about them as a community.
People will naturally come to you before coming to the Devs over time, as you will represent the community. The Devs will work with you and see how everything that is discussed can be brought into the greater vision of the project. You become the filter and funnel of information.
How to Apply?
First, reach Trust Level 3 on the forums. Once you have managed to do that, express your interest to Temujin Calidius by sending a PM either on the forums or on Discord.
Once your interest has been noted, I will have a chat with you and we will discuss what you have achieved and your involvement in the community. I will make my decisions based on not only your reaching Level 3 on the forums but your abilities with communicating and avoiding conflict and drama. If you are flagged by community members as being someone who causes drama, spreads gossip, cheats or otherwise does anything which brings the SL Colonies name in disrepute, you may not be considered.