Custard flagged as foul language

I was attempting to make a recipe for custard and got a message that my hud was locked from continuing due to a foul word which was custard. I understand what it was confusing the name with, but it was clearly the word custard. My hud is fine. It just had me restart process, but wanted to let you know.

1 Like

So it was a little too sensitive?

Was Custard the actual work used and it flagged that?

Ok Tested and verified that it is an error, Strange one too because testing the Filter straight does not give the error… I have figured out a simple workaround that seems to work… Put a blank space at the end of the name and it will pass the check, and the code will get rid of the blank space when it creates the recipe.

2 Likes

Can you put a blank space on all cuss words then and get away with sneaky names?

And what do you do about legitimate foods with questionable names? Like The Ultimate Spotted Dick Recipe? That would definitely not pass the custard test. Or would it?

1 Like

Great. Thank you Drak.

1 Like

No you can not do that, it will still recognize it as a bad word.

1 Like

And unfortunately it is not an AI that goes through the words so that recipe would be flagged for the word Dick

2 Likes

Is it possible for flagged recipes to be quarantined for approval by admins?

Issue with that is the ingredients used, time to cook, cxp and such would also be quarantined with it. And if rejected by admins, all lost.

The best we could do is have them give it a temp name and then submit to us a NC with the Temp Name and the name they would like it to be changed to.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. There are probably hundreds of recipes that might use words that in some cultures are normal, everyday words or changed in the course of language history, but in others are considered profanity or generally unacceptable in polite company. I think if there were a way to pause the process to say, “This is an unacceptable name. Would you like to rename your recipe?” before it just closes up shop on you, that would be good. Like, you get one chance to change Spotted Dick to Spotted Dog, but if you insist, it will refuse and reset.

1 Like

I can work something like a 3 strikes rule in when I re do the App

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.