24 new Berries added to the Compass

We have added another 24 berries which you can find using the compass in the Berry category. Berries now include a full list:

• Strawberry
  • Blueberry
  • Raspberry
  • Blackberry
  • Cranberry
  • Boysenberry
  • Lingonberry
  • Elderberry
  • Huckleberry
  • Goji Berry
  • Black Mulberry
  • Black Currant
  • Gooseberry
  • Acai Berry
  • Kiwi Berry
  • Salmonberry
  • Juneberry
  • Cloudberry
  • Bearberry
  • Red Mulberry
  • Caperberry
  • Chokeberry
  • Chokecherry
  • Red Currant
  • Dewberry

Enjoy the new additions! Lots of these have added benefits, such as boost to health stats and curing sickness stats.

Happy hunting!

2 Likes

Pleaaaaaaase for the love of all that is holy… allow us to put 5 berries on a bush and grow the ones we need like the herb garden.

The more that gets added to an already random task severely dilutes the chances of getting one that you need.

Guarana is needed to make an energy potion. It was already hard enough to come by. This is just going to increase the time to come up with specific materials and now that 50 coin energy potion just became worth 1 gold.

Basically what happens is that it simply makes sitting at the campfire far more efficient in regaining energy than hunting for resources to recover the energy. Making those potions obsolete.

2 Likes

Not at all. Since we have alchemy now, the 50 energy potion is almost absolute.

There are berries in there that provide energy, and there will be berries in there that are more geared towards poison.

So you’ll be able to find all types to use in alchemy to make potions better than the default guarana one when combined with other needs.

Ill look at what the % chance was based on the weight table that guarana had before the additions, and make sure it sits in the same loot chance. The amount of items makes no difference with the type of looting mechanic we have. Its all about the numbers the system rolls with this loot mechanic and I can keep chances the same.

I still haven’t been able to craft a concoction to my liking. My OCD can’t bare to even consider scribing random numbers. I haven’t found any kind of pattern to predict what it might turn out.

1 to health 5 to fatigue -4 to thirst 8 to sickness -3 to blood

A nice neat 35 and 35 is what I use

Even if I did manage to find something that used 6 dewberries and 3 goji berries lets say.

Its still too time consuming and unviable to produce that potion consistently for my use or to sell on the market.

When I know I can get 100 grapes and 50 sorrel every week when I harvest thats what I craft with and experiment with.

Maybe if I see something with a +10 or +15 effect I may go searching for it but if its not something really good its not worth the time spent when I can use apples or lemons or something that I know I can have a supply of.

2 Likes

Sounds like a few market requests might be helpful.

1 Like

Requires coin for that lol.

Wine making doesn’t exactly sell anything useful yet so I’m perpetually poor just trying to buy barrels.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.