The role of the Woodsman & Carpenters

I think the idea is to encourage community cooperation and to NEED other people for economies.

If the game is able to be played entirely solo it kind of defeats the purpose.

If one person can do everything there is no need to develop a community.

They don’t have to be in your community specifically. Make trade deals/contracts with other players outside of your sim in order to secure what you need.

Currently, I’m a brewer so I can’t craft a lot of the basic things I need especially tools.

I’m trying to train some new players now to encourage them to jump on board.

Creating those types of relationships is what gives this game its unique vision.

This is just my opinion.

3 Likes

@Lilianath said it very well, I think. The point is to develop a community or at least interact with one, not be a whole community by yourself. At this stage in its development, the game has enough in it that any player (in any role) can make or buy enough to continue, and any player who checks the meter page can see where they might find resources and trades. Lilianath visits us regularly at Crimson, along with at least one other location that she’s mentioned, and honestly, I think that’s the key. If you don’t have a community, visit existing ones to see where you might fit in. You don’t have to be an island.

Is it easy to get started? Not always, no. It’s much easier if you have someone to show you the ropes and help you get started. But overall, the system is coming into balance rather well. So, to your point, it actually is about not making a profession too complex. The game isn’t intended to be playable by one. But of course, that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

Yes, I regularly travel to all the locations just to see what people are building. Sometimes I see people, but usually I only come across Lilith, Vudon, Dorian, and sometimes Streeter (I forget if its phil or spider.

At least once a week I check every single market for fill orders or items I may need. A lot of the markets are empty but I check them anyways just in case.

The only reason that I haven’t put up a market yet is because I don’t produce enough useful material at this point.

2 Likes