Modifying Stations & Items

2 Likes

That’s amazing, Drakkhis!

I’m also glad I am not the only one that runs into bugs in the middle of making videos, but in your case, you solved them with the new updating system we are rolling out!

I am sure many community members will be extremely happy with these changes and new features to all the stations.

So to clarify:

• If a station requires sitting, you must also link the sit prim.
  • You must use the prim created by us. You cannot put the scripts into your own prim, they won’t work unless the creators of the prim are us, but you can link your own mesh.
  • New security options: Open, Owner, Group, Colony

Question:
Can a player add new sounds or special effects to a station? Forge & Anvil as a reference, the forge makes sounds (fire sound, hammering sound) while operating, puffs out smoke, and animates an ingot and the hot ashes.

1 Like

Hmm, Yes there will be instructions and an API Script provided so you can activate your own Effects that can Start and Stop with the Crafting of the station.

2 Likes

Revolutionary @drakkhis , congrats!
For those who need to save on prims, it will be fantastic.
Anyone wanting to open up their colony for the public to visit or use specific things would be fantastic too.
Who loves to edit everything, will have a party!
The update system is a big evolution!
I think everyone will benefit in some way! :wink:

2 Likes

So does this mean now that it will have various types of access setting, the stuff we do like breeding or planting crops when ready can’t be ‘stolen’ by others anymore even if its after 24hrs?

1 Like

From how I understand this, like all other items with security options, if set to “Owner” only the owner will have access to the station and contents. If set to the other options either the public, individuals wearing a specific group tag or colony members, will have access to the station and contents. So only the Owner setting will provide complete loss prevention.

2 Likes

The new Security works at the first Touch level and will prevent people not on the security from doing anything.

3 Likes

Correct, you can lock your items if you wish, even if your sims are open to the public. We’ve decided we will add that flexibility for people.

Sim owners can then discuss with other sim owners if and how their two sims will interact, if it’s by opening items to each other, remaining public, or just interacting through roleplay and using vendors and trade.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.