Introduction - Temujin Calidius

Hello,

I thought I would do the first post within the introduction category and introduce myself to all of you. I hope that you will all do the same and introduce yourselves to the community as well, so that we can all get to know each other a little more!

My history in Second Life is a very long one, so I will not go into too much detail, as I don’t want to bore you all. Though if you do have questions, please feel free to reply here and ask, and I will drill down into more detail in that specific subject.

My time in Second Life starts from around 2007 where I was introduced to it via Active Worlds. I went from roleplaying Gor in ActiveWorlds, to running my own sims and roleplaying Gor (SLGor) within Second Life.

Did I say I ran my own sims? Numerous sims, numerous attempts and numerous times. In all of them I also implemented some kind of RP system, such as G&S Farming and DGS Currency.

During my last sim iteration where I had a successful Viking Community, we were using G&S extensively, but I always wanted something more from a system - originally I wanted to create a custom system just for myself and my own sims, and not focus on selling the systems or anything like that.

That interest changed, and I’ve been more focused on making the system available to the public and to provide the tools to the public to build their own communities, and for us to build a larger global community out of it.

This is the challenge we are facing currently, and whilst I no longer run a personal sim and I highly miss it (as I have great ideas for an RP Game and community) - I will likely one day come back and build my dream RPG sim environment and make it exclusive to its internal community of members.

I’ve pulled away over the last few months from sitting online on the PC and have been focused on my career and on my family. As well as pursuing spiritual practices and the world of the occult & even witchcraft as I focus on my inner-temple and self to be the best human being I can become.

I have many visions for the system, and those visions include eventually implementing and migrating the whole RPG to work on Flash/Java/Web Environment and then into Mobile Apps, while still being linked into the original Second Life version one way or another. The issue I have is monetary. Projects like this take time and commitment, which means without money to trickle through to our team, we are doing it out of our hearts and our passion, and still have to work and find time to work on the project as secondary instead of primary.

Perhaps I will win the lotto some day and have more to invest, I’ve already put quite a large sum into the system and I need to take it easy (some 10k$ AUD). If anyone is willing to contribute to its development, do reach out! We may go to patreon or some other crowd funding in the future when we have a complete product to showcase its possibilities for web and mobile development, and the real benefit to this is not being stuck to a system and being open to our own coding rules and full open world environments if we so chose.

Anyway, that’s it from me, for now. I’ll surely include more below if questions are asked.

I wish you all the best!

Tem

1 Like