[BUG REPORT] Super Deer!

For some reason, the deer are gaining health when attacked with either a bow or a sword.

Vudon just commented that his sword now says Damage -5, as does the bow. This is new…He wants to know if he can use it to heal people with.

deer 1

3 Likes

You probably CAN heal people with it.

I think it is the new change we made since adding fists…

We made the formula:
DMG = (STR - 10) + (Ranger Lvl / 2)

The bug is, it seems… If you have a Strength of Less than 10, then you are GIVING health instead of taking away health.

@drakkhis will need to make a quick and easy change to make it so the minimum damage of certain weapons is set.

Fists minimum is 1… We need to have a minimum on melee and ranged as well.

2 Likes

Ok, it was a coding error on my part, I have now fixed the error, and now the Bow, and Knife are based on a players Dexterity while all other weapons are based on strength.

3 Likes

The super deer made me laugh…and it made me glad the wolves are still in his inventory! While I’m glad it’s fixed now, the idea of a “ranged healing” item also made me laugh.

It was one of the fun coding errors (as opposed to the pain in the butt to find and fix kind that has everyone screaming at you to fix it yesterday). You guys are awesome. Gonna miss you while you’re on vacation, D!

1 Like

I witnessed this phenomena first hand! lol Indeed would be interesting if we could heal by shooting them with arrows. Glad you crushed the bug. We will no longer fear a takeover of the bionic deer.

2 Likes

Well at least we know how a healer or priest could work :wink:

1 Like

True! That could be a very popular class. They could have a staff or a wand or a wet dishcloth or something to whap people with. That could be enormous fun.

1 Like

I remember way back when I was in CCS there was a hypodermic needle gun for healers, they shot syringes at people to heal them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.